HCA 2011-12 Middle School Girls Basketball Team Roster
Captain Courtney Whyte - 7
Captain Kelly Etemadipour - 7
Sara Grant - 8
Katie Mall - 8
Mikaela Tatarian - 8
Jenny Jobson - 7
Noelani Rivera - 7
Mickayla Sujkowski - 7
Sophia Alvarez - 6
Jazlynn de Guzman - 6
Haley Escobar - 6
Kaitlyn Hart - 6
Nylah Hindsman - 6
Emily Lamitola - 6
God bless all of you and your families,
Coach De Meo and Coach Williams
2012 Game Schedule:
- Fri. - Jan. 6 - Away vs. Elmwood Park
- Mon. - Jan. 9 - Home vs. Eastern Christian
- Fri. - Jan. 13 - Away vs. Ringwood Christian (double header with boys team)
- Wed. - Jan. 18 - Away vs. Eastern Christian
- Fri. - Jan. 20 - Home vs. Haledon
- Mon. - Jan. 23 - Home vs. Garfield
- Wed. - Jan. 25 - Away vs. Glen Rock
- Fri. - Jan. 27 - Away vs. Franklin Lakes (double header with boys team)
- Mon. - Jan. 30 - Home vs. Lodi
- Thu. - Feb. 2 - Away vs. Waldwick
- Mon. - Feb. 6 - Away vs. Mary Help of Christians
- Wed. - Feb. 8 - Away vs. Haledon
- Thu. - Feb. 9 - Home vs. Ringwood Christian (double header with boys team)
- Mon. - Feb. 13 - Away vs. Garfield
- Wed. - Feb. 15 - Home vs. Mary Help of Christians
- Click to see our schedule online at: highschoolsports.net
What is a Captain?
In team sports, "Captain" is a title given to a member of the team. The title is frequently honorary, but in some cases the captain may have significant responsibility for strategy and teamwork while the game is in progress on the court. It is a position that indicates honor and respect from one's teammates... recognition as a leader by one's peers.
The team captain sets the tone for all other players. She is an encourager. She is a leader in practices and sets an example for other players to follow.
The job of the team captain is to lead in general. Whether it is by example as in making a big play during a game, when making a mistake and shaking it off, or even when leading stretches in practices. Also, if players have a problem on the team, the captain is responsible for letting the coaches know about it.
A Captain should...
- Always have a positive attitude
- Show teammates that you believe in them and the whole team
- Help teammates improve
- Respect your teammates and coaches
- Encourage your teammates in good and bad times
- Represent our team well to opposing teams and officials
- Lead by example... always on time, perfect attendance.
Remember the most talented player is not necessarily the best leader.